Raise NO3?

Gordonm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if i should raise my nitrates a little since its reading 1 ppm. If so what product would you use? My phosphates are usually between .06 and 1.0 ppm but have to use phosguard to maintain it.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phos between 0.06 and 1 ppm looks like a big swing to me. However I think your nitrates are fine. I prefer them to be 5-10 ppm range but that is just based on my personal experience. As long as you have higher than 0 you are good.

If I were you I would experiment with raising the nitrates as they can sometimes bring out good color in corals.

OP
OP
G

Gordonm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phos between 0.06 and 1 ppm looks like a big swing to me. However I think your nitrates are fine. I prefer them to be 5-10 ppm range but that is just based on my personal experience. As long as you have higher than 0 you are good.

If I were you I would experiment with raising the nitrates as they can sometimes bring out good color in corals.
Phosphates will always vary a little. I don't see that being a problem. As far as nitrates go measuring 1-3 ppm could vary well be 0 or it could higher. I'll just leave it where it is and let the coral do the talking.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates will always vary a little. I don't see that being a problem. As far as nitrates go measuring 1-3 ppm could vary well be 0 or it could higher. I'll just leave it where it is and let the coral do the talking.
So phosphates are varying between 0,06 and 1.0 or between 0,06 and 0,1 ppm?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise your nitrate. 1ppm doesn't leave you with any leeway. I use neonitro. I would raise them to maybe 4 or 5ppm NO3 at least

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back