• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Raised baby clownfish!! Oh crap, now what? (Free baby clownfish)

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After a couple attempts at raising clownfish fry, I got the process kinks worked out and currently have about 80 happy baby clowns. I'm now looking to find them good homes and offering them for free for local pickup. I've never shipped livestock before, so not sure how well they would fair.

Mom is a snowflake and dad is a traditional false percula, but I'm guessing they had some others genes given the variety of patterns in the babies (standard, snowflake, and all-white bodies)

Please PM me if interested. They are ~1-1.5 inches in size and eating small pellet/frozen food. They are about 2 months old at this point.

I'm located in central Florida (Orlando area).

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

raul medina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is awesome! Congrats and cool thing your doing by sharing them w/ the reefing community

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great work! I am not ready for clowns right now but wanted to add my congratulations!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your title made me laugh. How far are you from St. Augestine? I'll be there for vacay in a few weeks.

Either way, you have some gorgeous fish. As much as I'd love free fishies, have you considered selling to a LFS or bartering with one for more supplies?

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on your breeding success! Raising the larva is not trivial and takes a lot of consistent time and effort, Kudos!
Thanks! This was a labor of love (and two kids who have been wanting me to try this for some time haha )

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back