• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Raised baby clownfish!! Oh crap, now what? (Free baby clownfish)

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your title made me laugh. How far are you from St. Augestine? I'll be there for vacay in a few weeks.

Either way, you have some gorgeous fish. As much as I'd love free fishies, have you considered selling to a LFS or bartering with one for more supplies?
I live in Oviedo, so about 85 miles (1hr 45min) from St. Augustine. I've called a couple places but they tend to have deals with breeders and won't take larger numbers of fish (World Wide Corals being one of them). So I figured a little supply/demand competition wouldn't hurt the local market if they want to snub taking these little guys LOL

If you want to swing down this way, send me a PM and I can hold a few.

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good work! I tried a couple times but couldn't keep the fry alive for more than 24 hours. It was so sad. Pat on the back for sure!
Thanks! I had the same issue the first couple times. Turns out it was way I was adding the RGComplete. That is highly concentrated and needs to be diluted really well before adding it in with the fry, otherwise it killed them pretty quickly

rcsbcoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you ship 20 to Texas if i send you a shipping label? I could pay you for them also.

Itsander

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, those are great achievement that you made there and giving them away for FREE after the hard job even better, congratulations, hope those baby find a nice home.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Way to go. Im willing some store is ready to buy them and stock their tanks

John Ni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple attempts at raising clownfish fry, I got the process kinks worked out and currently have about 80 happy baby clowns. I'm now looking to find them good homes and offering them for free for local pickup. I've never shipped livestock before, so not sure how well they would fair.

Mom is a snowflake and dad is a traditional false percula, but I'm guessing they had some others genes given the variety of patterns in the babies (standard, snowflake, and all-white bodies)

Please PM me if interested. They are ~1-1.5 inches in size and eating small pellet/frozen food. They are about 2 months old at this point.

I'm located in central Florida (Orlando area).

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

Congrats! . Love to get some from you! Just PMED you.

Bmw015

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing feat!! Wish I was closer!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back