Raising Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya, next step, pt1

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi, I've got so desperate to obtain these corals. I just close on some commercial property, to use as satellite office, getting dba, business lic., bank acct. Set up in 1-2 weeks , all this to open as a wholesale dealer, selling only to wholesalers. No retail stores. We'll see. Not my money, so cost me almost nothing.
Awesome. If this works out I'll be happy to buy from you and support your side business.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jomama can you share more about your bird poop idea? I have access to a lot of it lol
You know, I bought 2 days ago a bird cage. It's going on top of test tank. I was going to set up were the bird had contact to some of the water(to cool down ). But I realised he/she might drink water. So just letting bird poop in it.

If and when you try raising these corals, try a little bird poop. Little to start with.

Last edited:

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I bought 2 days ago and bird cage. It's going on top of test tank. I was going to set up were the bird had contact to some of the water(to cool down ). But I realised he/she might drink water. So just letting bird poop in it.

If and when you try raising these corals, try a little bird poop. Little to start with.
That's a cool idea. I'll give it a go. All it is if I can find one. Why did you decide to try bird poop?

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed, three polyps. One growing on stalk of sclero, close to stalk attached to rock. Two other together on different rock, their either sclero, or some soft coral. I can see tentacles . Cool
What ever happened to that hole in one of the stalks?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's update. Some tentacles visable. Slow healing but for sure. Lotta patience

20180718_135420.jpg

@Sallstrom, better get on it. My children of the sea. Soon will be "strong like bull"
Babies coming.

Last edited:

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I saw a Japanese Pink Nephthea. I'm wonder if that's what I have. I gotta shine some light to it. Sucks. If that's what I have. Bummer .
I think the polyps look different

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back