Ranco is OOS, IM Helio vs Inkbird?

Kylesreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Browsing the last two hours I see people have had issues with both but the 5 years warranty on the Helio, vs the cost of the inkbird, has me wondering what other people's favorite setups have been. I'm honestly about to the point of just getting a heater for my entire room and forgoing a heater entirely, at 300, but I'd like to hear your guys opinions first on the greatest long term secure and stable choice short of heating the house.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ranco is currently Backordered.

SupplyHouse has 1366 in stock

1648212653408.png

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 Aqualogics now, I personally had a 2 Helios fail on me and wouldn’t trust them in my tank.

I have a brand new new never used Ranco sitting here with the probe in a well ready to use that I could send ya if you really can’t find one.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run 2 Aqualogics now, I personally had a 2 Helios fail on me and wouldn’t trust them in my tank.

I have a brand new new never used Ranco sitting here with the probe in a well ready to use that I could send ya if you really can’t find one.

Lots of Helios failures going on. I was set to buy them for my new build until Ryan at BRS had his fail in less than 2 months.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of Helios failures going on. I was set to buy them for my new build until Ryan at BRS had his fail in less than 2 months.

The internals of the controller looks like something made by Tyco for an RC car. I do like the idea of the heaters themselves, definitely something that should be explored more in the future

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the Aqua Logic from BRS. It's a Ranco made for our tanks. They were in stock last I checked

Can you expand on this? The Ranco's are around $70, while the Aqua Logic from BRS is $186.
is the Aqua Logic from BRS modified in some way? Why does the BRS version cost $110 more?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you expand on this? The Ranco's are around $70, while the Aqua Logic from BRS is $186.
is the Aqua Logic from BRS modified in some way? Why does the BRS version cost $110 more?

comes with a titanium probe and a long power whip installed. You can put the temp sensor in a well and you are fine to save yourself the money

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Aqualogic controller comes with the power cords installed, the tempature probe is in a titanium well, and it is Nema 4X rated.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
comes with a titanium probe and a long power whip installed. You can put the temp sensor in a well and you are fine to save yourself the money

The Aqualogic controller comes with the power cords installed, the tempature probe is in a titanium well, and it is Nema 4X rated.

Thank you.

any idea if the titanium temp probe available elsewhere?

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Old thread, I know, but I'm currently in the market for 2x titanium heaters (no controller) and 2x controllers for a redundant setup on my 155g w' 25g sump. I started with 2x 400w aquatops on an inkbird, but the temps are always on the low end and kinda all over the place. Oh, I am also running the A3 Apex Pro. I picked up 2x Finnex TH-0800s fairly cheap and I'm undecided on what controller to run. I was gonna do one inkbird and one helio but now you got me thinking ranco. The aqualogic appears to have been discontinued.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread, I know, but I'm currently in the market for 2x titanium heaters (no controller) and 2x controllers for a redundant setup on my 155g w' 25g sump. I started with 2x 400w aquatops on an inkbird, but the temps are always on the low end and kinda all over the place. Oh, I am also running the A3 Apex Pro. I picked up 2x Finnex TH-0800s fairly cheap and I'm undecided on what controller to run. I was gonna do one inkbird and one helio but now you got me thinking ranco. The aqualogic appears to have been discontinued.

Still shows on Aqualogic's website.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back