Randalls shrimp goby.... extremely shy??

I belive its an individual thing and what type of tank mates they have, my Randall Goby is out all the time while my watchman i see maybe once every two months if im lucky and i house mine 2 pistol gobies with tangs and a large foxface in a 190ish gal. However i used to have my watchman inside a small tank with calm tank mates (seahorses) and it was the same thing there so i belive its a personality thing mostly
 
I belive its an individual thing and what type of tank mates they have, my Randall Goby is out all the time while my watchman i see maybe once every two months if im lucky and i house mine 2 pistol gobies with tangs and a large foxface in a 190ish gal. However i used to have my watchman inside a small tank with calm tank mates (seahorses) and it was the same thing there so i belive its a personality thing mostly

You are probably right. I added one with a pistol shrimp last week and I know he is alive cause ill barely catch a glimpse of him but he refuses to leave the burrow. Super shy fish so far.
 
I've had two watchman. The first would sit out all the time (old tank yrs ago). Current one I have paired with a Randall shrimp and I hardly see either of them. If I go anywhere near the tank the goby shoots into the burrow...I think the shrimp relationship and "watchman" aspect made this one way more skittish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new