Random clam removal question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snitch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Snitch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
139
Reaction score
99
Location
Virginia Beach, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone -

A few weeks ago, I ordered rock from Gulf Live Rock - I'm mostly pleased with the order, but that's not what I'm here about. On some of the rock, there are 3 or 4 good sized clams attached. They're all still alive and doing well, but they're attached by the shell - not the hinge area, and facing the opposite way that I'd prefer. I'd rather not re-arrange the aquascape, and was wondering if I could get in there with a butter knife or something and pop them off and place them somewhere else without harming them. Has anyone done anything like this before? Any pointers?

Thanks for any help -
 
You'd probably do more harm than good trying to pry it off. Years ago I got Florida live rock with 3 clams embedded into it, only one faced where I could see it well. They lived for some time but eventually died.
But they were cool to watch.
 
Last edited:
That's kind of what I was afraid of - I don't want to hurt them, obviously - I just want to move them off the rocks they're on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new