Random PABCOM Error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I check my list, nothing is missing. That’s what’s weird.
This may or may not be obvious and I don’t mean to insult if it is. Items will only be missing when the error is active. Is the error active right now?

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interference from something. I've been fighting interference and it happens at odd times.

I've narrowed it down to my halide setup - which was hard because I assumed it would only happen when they are turning on or off - but that's not true in my case. My halides come on at 11:15 AM and turn off at 4 PM (I have LED strips as well).

I was having intermittant things like - a temp alarm showing the tanks was 122F in the middle of the night. Just one measurement would show up like that then it would go right back to normal. But that 1 measurement would send me an alert and wake us up. I then wound up disabling alerts so we could sleep.

Losing ALL communication between the P4 & expansion box / power bar. I would have to disconnect the PAB cables and plug them in to different PAB ports. Simply unplugging / replugging would not fix it. This happened at least half a dozen times - always during the day and sometimes when lights were on, sometimes when they were off. No warnings or alarms because of the temp issue noted above.

Somehow the temp sensor port on my P4 got into some weird state where it would not recognize any temp probe. I worked that for a few days via a ticket - Mattias helped with some diagnosis and we never did find a problem. I have intention of shipping it in for repair but after having it disconnected for 2 days and moved 10 feet away from any part of my light setup - suddenly I've got temp on the P4 again.

If my corals were not growing so great under halides I would ditch them (well, plus LEDs are just a rip off to buy - but that's a different thread) - instead I'll be spending this weekend trying like heck to "direct" any interference away from any of my GHL equipment.

Whats interesting to me is that no other controller platform I have in the house is impacted. Apex - not a blip, reef-pi - not a blip, GHL - complete tank shut downs, phone screaming at 1:30 AM telling me my tank is 121F etc.

I REALLY want to get moved over to 100% GHL - and I'm trying like heck. But I have to resolve these interference problems first and they are frustrating.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may or may not be obvious and I don’t mean to insult if it is. Items will only be missing when the error is active. Is the error active right now?

No insult taken. I looked at the list when I had the error as well as when I didn't. They both matched.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interference from something. I've been fighting interference and it happens at odd times.

I've narrowed it down to my halide setup - which was hard because I assumed it would only happen when they are turning on or off - but that's not true in my case. My halides come on at 11:15 AM and turn off at 4 PM (I have LED strips as well).

I was having intermittant things like - a temp alarm showing the tanks was 122F in the middle of the night. Just one measurement would show up like that then it would go right back to normal. But that 1 measurement would send me an alert and wake us up. I then wound up disabling alerts so we could sleep.

Losing ALL communication between the P4 & expansion box / power bar. I would have to disconnect the PAB cables and plug them in to different PAB ports. Simply unplugging / replugging would not fix it. This happened at least half a dozen times - always during the day and sometimes when lights were on, sometimes when they were off. No warnings or alarms because of the temp issue noted above.

Somehow the temp sensor port on my P4 got into some weird state where it would not recognize any temp probe. I worked that for a few days via a ticket - Mattias helped with some diagnosis and we never did find a problem. I have intention of shipping it in for repair but after having it disconnected for 2 days and moved 10 feet away from any part of my light setup - suddenly I've got temp on the P4 again.

If my corals were not growing so great under halides I would ditch them (well, plus LEDs are just a rip off to buy - but that's a different thread) - instead I'll be spending this weekend trying like heck to "direct" any interference away from any of my GHL equipment.

Whats interesting to me is that no other controller platform I have in the house is impacted. Apex - not a blip, reef-pi - not a blip, GHL - complete tank shut downs, phone screaming at 1:30 AM telling me my tank is 121F etc.

I REALLY want to get moved over to 100% GHL - and I'm trying like heck. But I have to resolve these interference problems first and they are frustrating.

Interesting. Keep me in the loop with what you find out. I'll let you know what happens on my end.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unshielded ether or coax connection next to a power line for something maybe?

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. All of my GHL equipment is in a cabinet by itself. Nothing but GHL stuff. About a foot away from the tank.
sensors and their wires, PAB cables etc ?
Interference can impact the system via any of those - my P4 was 4 feet from any part of my halides - but a couple sensor cables plus 1 PAB cable were within about 1 foot.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got error after finishing feed mode. Guess I’ll check all PAB connections that are tied to everything that is connected to feed mode. Man, this is frustrating. @Vinny@GHLUSA

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked all PAB connections. Switched out wires. Still randomly getting the error. Still haven’t received any response from GHL support. Anyone else have any other ideas to try? I’m thinking the issue is with one of my dosers. That’s the only one that disappears from the system list occasionally when I get the error.

@Vinny@GHLUSA

Back