Random PABCOM Error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I haven’t touched my P4 for about 4 or 5 hours. Received a PABCOM error about 4 hours ago. It went away. Just received another one and it’s still here. What is the issue? How can I figure out what it is? I already submitted a ticket to GHL.

TIA!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue it was when I changed the PAB cable to a Powerbar. After about 3 hours it started to give PAB errors. After replacing the PAB cable it went away. I would check your PAB cables, go into the system and see what devise is missing and check that cable first.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue it was when I changed the PAB cable to a Powerbar. After about 3 hours it started to give PAB errors. After replacing the PAB cable it went away. I would check your PAB cables, go into the system and see what devise is missing and check that cable first.

Did you replace with a completely new PAB cable? Was it bad? Or is this thing just glitchy? So, I did go into the system and it looks like everything is there. I went to "assign devices" and all of my stuff is listed there. Should I look somewhere else?

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA error just went away. Everything is normal again. Not sure what the heck to do at this point. I guess I'll have to wait until GHL responds to ticket. This is so weird.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is weird because it is intermittent. I would check the cables to make sure. I just know this just happened after I replaced a PAB cable with a longer one then suddenly got a pabcom error intermittently. When the error occurs does anything stop working? How many devises you have hooked up via the PAB cables?

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is weird because it is intermittent. I would check the cables to make sure. I just know this just happened after I replaced a PAB cable with a longer one then suddenly got a pabcom error intermittently. When the error occurs does anything stop working? How many devises you have hooked up via the PAB cables?

That's the thing. I don't think anything stopped working. They were all listed in "System". I have the P4, Touch, KH Director, two 2.1 Slave dosers and two powerbars. I did add a 2.1 Slave doser this morning. Could that be the issue? Do I just unplug the PAB cables and replug them in?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check cable connections. Wiggle them, pull them gently. Just so you know any standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 LAN cable will work in place of a GHL cable. The GHL are just normal Cat 5e cables.

your error could be anything hard to nail down till it returns.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check cable connections. Wiggle them, pull them gently. Just so you know any standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 LAN cable will work in place of a GHL cable. The GHL are just normal Cat 5e cables.

The problem is, since it's intermittent, how do I know which one is bad? lol

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it start after you added the doser? If so check that one first. If the cable is securely inserted then remove it and put it back in. If it still happens replace it.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it start after you added the doser? If so check that one first. If the cable is securely inserted then remove it and put it back in. If it still happens replace it.

I did that the first time I got the error. Switched the PAB cables out on the new doser. Still having issue.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the port used on the back of the doser next.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is, since it's intermittent, how do I know which one is bad? lol
Check ALL cables and go slow one by one. To see if the wiggling or pulling causes the error.you will go from a blue light on the GHL logo to a Red light on the logo when you find the problem. If it’s a cable problem.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check ALL cables and go slow one by one. To see if the wiggling or pulling causes the error.

Now I just don't want to touch it because the error is gone. Haha. I'll wait until it happens again and I'll try and unplug and replug everything in.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, be aware there may be a delay for how long the connection needs to be lost before an actual alarm comes in. It may be best to look at the PABCOM status light vice looking for an actual alarm on the P4 when you wiggle and check the cables.

OK, just unplugged a PAB cable on my P4 and it took about five seconds until the P4 went into alarm.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What item or items are missing in the list of PAB devices with the error active? For instance this is my list of devices. Under the system section of the software you can see where the problem is.

Tap on System
2308BA76-5E9C-40B3-BF44-83F4304E0854.jpeg

then tap assign configure devices....
1472075D-9F86-4FD2-98A7-D15FAA0DCE9B.jpeg

Tap on Assign Devices
E0B10AD6-ED2D-4364-A93C-B4D4D9EE8407.jpeg

this box shows a list of items that are assignable. Compare this list to the upper list. The item or items missing are where your error is at. If more than one item is missing then see below.
006FE360-9CA4-4C0E-B6E6-A65F702DC865.jpeg

If more than one item is missing the unit that is at the top of the missing items in the PAB chain is where the problem is. To re emphasize, the problem could be a bad cable too so once you narrow down the unit in question try changing the cable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What item or items are missing in the list of PAB devices with the error active? For instance this is my list of devices. Under the system section of the software you can see where the problem is.

When I check my list, nothing is missing. That’s what’s weird.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back