Random sps dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 4ddiction
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yeah my previous stn issued turned out to be an alk imbalance due to a faulty pump. Other than that the tank has been rather stable for the past few months.
My alk jumps all over the place from 6.5-9 and I haven’t had Stn in 3 years. Which is exactly the same amount of time I got rid of nopox, gfo and vibrant. Don’t be afraid of no3/po4. It doesn’t kill acropora. Over stripping the water will, no matter what your test kits read.
0A32D5F9-B6A7-4061-9812-A8C7741EC2D5.jpeg
38C9E3FE-B700-4440-BFCF-C0581F95EB12.jpeg
614E7D90-6A35-4016-AC37-080D2475A6ED.jpeg
18F04BF2-73FC-49DA-9B50-58E071B80937.jpeg
B33457F9-274E-46BD-AAF1-9C5F84BB5ED9.jpeg
09024B2D-8018-4CA0-A838-3927F3F5E665.jpeg
4AF710A2-4824-4BE4-AA20-F6F6D0FAF775.jpeg
5FB94C82-5E77-40F0-B3B5-E9D6DEAF8AFD.jpeg
D025700A-8486-47F9-A6F3-888DCA2E6443.jpeg
 
Dry rock/ lack of biodiversity with low or no po4= death to corals.
Nopox is a carbon source, I believe ethanol based, and vibrant too is a carbon source, at least pretty sure. Getting as much living, biodiversity as possible will up the bacteria population in your tank, which I believe is key to sps keeping. I believe the quest to kill algae, in turn is a direct result of coral death.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new