Random Tang aggression

  • Thread starter Thread starter LFGJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LFGJP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2022
Messages
98
Reaction score
76
Location
Fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had my tank (210g) set up for about 2 years now
I have multiple tangs including purple, blonde naso, hippo, and powder blue. I’ve done some research and added them in order so I could minimize the aggression.

I thought I was successful here until yesterday, randomly I noticed that the hippo was getting aggressive with the blonde naso to the point where the naso won’t come out of its hiding spot.

It comes out to feed, then the hippo just gets so aggressive it just darts back after it eats.
It’s similar size, no other aggression issue.
I feed the tank well
They have been getting along just fine for about a year and half now.

Anyone knows what causes this? Also is my only option to take one of them out of the tank?
 
I've had a few episodes like that where after years of nothing suddenly one was aggresive. Never got rid of anyone. The mirrors helped me. I put several around the tank
 
I've had a few episodes like that where after years of nothing suddenly one was aggresive. Never got rid of anyone. The mirrors helped me. I put several around the tank
Where did you place them?
 
On the glass. I purchased a few cosmetic hand held mirors and taped them to the glass on the outside
 
On the glass. I purchased a few cosmetic hand held mirors and taped them to the glass on the outside
I’ll definitely try that
I don’t know why it’s just going after one, but at least the others are getting along just fine 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Tang aggression can by dynamic so always have a backup plan to remove the offender. Fine one day, then someone decides they don't like a certain fish and it can be like WWIII.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new