Randy's Elements to Dose

Hello @Randy Holmes-Farley

What do you think about the elements they used to produce these products?

Boron: E284 Boric Acid Solution
Potassium: E508
Strontium: Strontium Chloride
Iron: Iron Citrate E330
Manganese: mangan sulphate
Iodine: potassium iodide
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20250110-WA0112.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0112.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20250110-WA0110.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0110.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-20250110-WA0108.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0108.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-20250110-WA0106.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0106.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-20250110-WA0104.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0104.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-20250110-WA0102.jpeg
    IMG-20250110-WA0102.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
Those chemical forms are ok, though I’m not sure I’d use a calcium strontium mixture for strontium

I don’t believe the claims attributed to the elements, and I’m not convinced strontium is useful for most tanks. :)
 
Those chemical forms are ok, though I’m not sure I’d use a calcium strontium mixture for strontium

I don’t believe the claims attributed to the elements, and I’m not convinced strontium is useful for most tanks. :)
I believe the bottle contains only strontium. Right?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250112_073248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20250112_073248_Chrome.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 69
Yes. Sorry, I misread one of your bottle pictures as already being a mix instead of a description of what could be made from it. .
 
@Randy Holmes-Farley This is a fascinating read!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on using Ecosystem Aquarium's Miracle Mud for supplying trace elements as a sort of lazy approach to adding some elements this way (instead of none at all).

Let's go on the naive assumption that it's probably beneficial to include in a system. To what extent are trace elements in a sediment like this (in a refugium) likely to become bioavailable to organisms in the display as opposed to remaining "stuck" to the sediment particles themselves?
 
@Randy Holmes-Farley This is a fascinating read!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on using Ecosystem Aquarium's Miracle Mud for supplying trace elements as a sort of lazy approach to adding some elements this way (instead of none at all).

Let's go on the naive assumption that it's probably beneficial to include in a system. To what extent are trace elements in a sediment like this (in a refugium) likely to become bioavailable to organisms in the display as opposed to remaining "stuck" to the sediment particles themselves?

There are a lot of unknowns about what is added and how much. I personally would not use a product like this for purposes of adding trace elements.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new