Randy's Tank and Learn Thread

My glass starts getting covered within 24 hrs. It's a pain in the butt! How do you keep your glass clean for 600 days? The snails leave a lot behind.
Pods! And bacteria out competing. Though coralline is a different story 😑
 
Sure looks like GHA with Dino’s or cyano competing @Randy Holmes-Farley

IMG_9328.png

The brown/redish right above the bubble/white coral!?!? Chemi clean is common to cause a Dino outbreak! Sure looks similar to my GHA to Dino’s cycle. Exact same image and it’s Dino’s!
IMG_8208.jpeg

Take a sample and put it under the scope! I change opinion of cyano I’m betting Dino’s!

Exact image and cycle my tank went through…
 
Last edited:
My glass starts getting covered within 24 hrs. It's a pain in the butt! How do you keep your glass clean for 600 days? The snails leave a lot behind.
I have 50 Margarites in a 70 gallon aquarium and I feed them daily. Besides the size of snail colony/herd/army, I might have been lucky about what grows on the glass and what they eat. They also chew on the coralline colonies making the colonies see-through but I still need to scrape. This group does not touch the hair algae the pops up-lazy buggers.
 
I would think nutrient control wont help too much as any if there are low nutrients algae is better than coral at using it to grow so limiting coral.. not sure is the best.

Give the clean up crew higher success chance by manually removing some of the algae then spot treating it hydrogen peroxide 1 ml per 10 gal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new