RASOC Feb 20th guest speaker Charlotte NC.

phildean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 20th Meeting (Guest Speaker "John Copps")!!!!
Guest Speaker: John Coppolino

In Feb we are lucky enough to be bring in a such a well known and experince Reefer from DC area. You normally don't get guest speakers of John's caliber. So if you can only make one meeting this year, this is it. You don't want to miss this meeting!!

John obtained the honor of being Reefcentral's Tank of the Month in Sept of 2004!!!

His system is much larger now!! 1000g!!!

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/totm/index.php

Also, He spoke at MACNA XXI(2009) in Atlantic City

macna_coppolino_sm.jpg

Little more info about him.

Biography:
John Coppolino's innate passion for fish was nurtured growing up on an island on a lake in Northern New Jersey with a fish loving father and a mother allergic to everything with fur and feathers!

A saltwater hobbyist since age 11, John began working at a large regional aquarium store as soon as he obtained working papers in high school, and in college went on to study reef fish in Bermuda and the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador where he lived (and met his wife!) for about two years after obtaining his B.S. in biology.

John now lives in Northern Virginia with his wonderfully supportive wife and two young children, and keeps over 1000 gallons of saltwater aquariums with over twenty angelfish spread throughout, with most in pairs or harems in reef tanks. These include a trio of Pygoplites diacanthus (regal angelfish), a trio of Centropyge joculator (joculator angelfish), and the mixed species pair of Centropyge resplendens / Centropyge fisheri that created the first tank bred hybrid angelfish.

John travels yearly with work to Hawaii and Guam, where most free time is spent underwater! John writes articles and has spoken at conferences and reef clubs on the topic of angelfish, and has contributed to the newly published book "Angelfishes of the World"

In Feb we are planning on having raffle for Frags and items donated by our great sponsers.

The meeting will be free to All paid members and only $5 for non-members

************************************************** *************************************************
Date: Feb 20th, 2010

Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm

west_campus-1.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back