Rasta and Blue Hornet placement

Magical Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be receiving some frags of Rastas and Blue Hornets soon. Where should I place them in the tank (high, low, medium). They're going in a 60 gallon cube with a Gen2 radion light.

Thanks for your help

reefjunky24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start them off in the bottom third to let them get adjusted to light then slowly bring them up to middle area, i keep mine at the bottom third of the tank and had a 45g cube and they were happy there, and growing.

OP
OP
Magical Reef

Magical Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start them off in the bottom third to let them get adjusted to light then slowly bring them up to middle area, i keep mine at the bottom third of the tank and had a 45g cube and they were happy there, and growing.

Thanks. That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure that these weren't tempermental

Z-man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have both on the same rock in my tank between the glow of two 150w- 14K Phoenix halides and directly below a ReefBrite XHO blue led. I have 3 SeaSwirls blowing the tank and they're in the bottom third, right at that level. Had the Rastas for a couple of years with little growth. Since placing them here, they have grown to 25 polyps or so. The hornets are a recent addition but have grown 2 polyps within 3 months. Doesn't sound great, but I believe there is always a "break in" period where the frag adjusts and then starts to grow. My rastas
photo-9.JPG

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have my rastas in high light and flow and the grow like crazy

blue hornets med flow med light and tons of growth

bob

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back