Rate my stocking for 10 gallon

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, pretty self explanatory and the tank is going really good I’ve been using it as a quarantine tank and it’s heavily filtered with a protein skimmer and bio media, carbon, ect, it has a 5.5 gallon sump so it’s got 15.5 gallons water volume

I’m planing on stocking:
2 clownfish
1 yellow striped goby
1 watchman goby (maybe)

Any ideas on if I should change this? Nothing is set in stone as I don’t have any of the fish yet. Obviously add a cleanup crew like some emerald crabs and snails

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, pretty self explanatory and the tank is going really good I’ve been using it as a quarantine tank and it’s heavily filtered with a protein skimmer and bio media, carbon, ect, it has a 5.5 gallon sump so it’s got 15.5 gallons water volume

I’m planing on stocking:
2 clownfish
1 yellow striped goby
1 watchman goby (maybe)

Any ideas on if I should change this? Nothing is set in stone as I don’t have any of the fish yet. Obviously add a cleanup crew like some emerald crabs and snails
Could be a little tight. But probably fine/max you want. My clowns are super boring and only took up a tiny bit of real estate. A watchman will also be a little “odd”, and fine is also very tiny. It’s on the sand about 95% of the time.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo I wouldn’t do clowns in a 10 gallon with other fish. They are far too aggressive.
As for the watchman, the cryptocentrus species get too big, but the smaller amblyeliotris and stonogobiops (the better option of the two) would work well.
Assuming the yellow lined goby is one of the cleaner types, that should do fine.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo I wouldn’t do clowns in a 10 gallon with other fish. They are far too aggressive.
As for the watchman, the cryptocentrus species get too big, but the smaller amblyeliotris and stonogobiops (the better option of the two) would work well.
Assuming the yellow lined goby is one of the cleaner types, that should do fine.
Hmm, well the clowns are a favorite of mine and take the priority but perhaps I could ditch the watchman and just go with the clowns and a neon goby? I have multiple other tanks that these fish could go into if I see any forms of aggression. Is it worth a shot even?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but the yellow striped goby is just so small that I feel like it might work. Same with the watchman although it’s a little bigger
I agree for the neon goby. It’s a tiny bioload and most fish leave cleaners alone.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want the clowns, just do the clowns and no one else.
I had to pull my pair from a 40 breeder for being too mean, and back when they were in a 13.5 my female racked up quite the kill count (firefish, gramma, her first mate).
Of course my girl is one of the more aggressive clowns out there, so you may get lucky.

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are fine. I'd do either a shrimp/goby pair, or if it was me personally, a Rainford's Goby. It's a great little utility fish and will save you a lot of headache.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are fine. I'd do either a shrimp/goby pair, or if it was me personally, a Rainford's Goby. It's a great little utility fish and will save you a lot of headache.
Interesting, yeah I love shrimp/goby pairs and those are some good options.
If you want the clowns, just do the clowns and no one else.
I had to pull my pair from a 40 breeder for being too mean, and back when they were in a 13.5 my female racked up quite the kill count (firefish, gramma, her first mate).
Of course my girl is one of the more aggressive clowns out there, so you may get lucky.
And that is crazy! Cannot believe how aggressive that girl got and I am most definitely going to be careful. I hope I get lucky and get a somewhat sweet female but I also could move any type of gobies or filefish to the sump as it’s mostly just a empty tank with my skimmer and a deep sand bed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back