RBT Anemone behavior

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently Purchase a super healthy RBT anemone for my LFS. As I researched, anemones will move around until they are comfortable with the lighting and flow that they enjoy... this wasn’t the case. I drip acclimated the anemone for around 30 minutes and placed him on a live rock around where I wanted Him to stay... AND HE DID. Which was great but where he attached his foot is in a very deep hole in my live rock.. so he doesn’t really stick out of the rock itself at all and I can Barely see him, let alone my pair of clowns enjoy him. He is very healthy and colorful and does except food.

Any tips or experience anybody has with this would be very helpful!! I’d hate for him to just stay inside of a rock lol. Please help!!!! This is my first nem

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days is not much time at all, it is still getting adjusted. This is its way of acclimating itself. I would expect it to start expanding out of the rock more in a few more days. It is common for them to attach their foot deep in the rockwork such that they can retract to safety if attacked. It may decide to wander in a week or two if it decides it doesn’t like its spot.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days is not much time at all, it is still getting adjusted. This is its way of acclimating itself. I would expect it to start expanding out of the rock more in a few more days. It is common for them to attach their foot deep in the rockwork such that they can retract to safety if attacked. It may decide to wander in a week or two if it decides it doesn’t like its spot.
Mine stayed put for about a week than up and moved four to five inches to a bigger hole in a higher flow area.

I won't worry about clowns hosting right away. Let the guy settle in. Once that happens play a video with your type of clowns hosting a bta. They will figure it out from there.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently Purchase a super healthy RBT anemone for my LFS. As I researched, anemones will move around until they are comfortable with the lighting and flow that they enjoy... this wasn’t the case. I drip acclimated the anemone for around 30 minutes and placed him on a live rock around where I wanted Him to stay... AND HE DID. Which was great but where he attached his foot is in a very deep hole in my live rock.. so he doesn’t really stick out of the rock itself at all and I can Barely see him, let alone my pair of clowns enjoy him. He is very healthy and colorful and does except food.

Any tips or experience anybody has with this would be very helpful!! I’d hate for him to just stay inside of a rock lol. Please help!!!! This is my first nem

image.jpg image.jpg
Just give RBT some time . My RBT done the same thing first week. It’s know expanded out and looking great.

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the info!! just saw something crazy though.. i also have a blue wrasse and as walked in the room it looked like it was hovering over the anemone and made it go WAY into the rock. could the wrasse be pecking at it? it is a smaller anenome.. maybe 2 inches

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the info!! just saw something crazy though.. i also have a blue wrasse and as walked in the room it looked like it was hovering over the anemone and made it go WAY into the rock. could the wrasse be pecking at it? it is a smaller anenome.. maybe 2 inches
Doubt it

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it may be hard to tell from pick but i was looking it up.. i think this is a rainbow rose bubble tip... any thoughts?

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feel like its def this color instead of that deep rose bubble color... *not my nem*

7f5fe6399d1832f3d0295198870a3162.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back