Rbt anemone damaged a few tentacles witn turkey baster

  • Thread starter Thread starter Makubex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Makubex

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
827
Reaction score
130
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it be alright? Its 5"+ when transfering from its container I used a turkey baster to de attach itself from the plastic but a few(3-4?) tentacles got kinda got stuck inside the turkey baster, none came off but did get a bit damaged, how should I acclimate it without accudrip? I might use the fish acclimating method pouring a little bit of the new water in every 5-10'.
 
Will it be alright? Its 5"+ when transfering from its container I used a turkey baster to de attach itself from the plastic but a few(3-4?) tentacles got kinda got stuck inside the turkey baster, none came off but did get a bit damaged, how should I acclimate it without accudrip? I might use the fish acclimating method pouring a little bit of the new water in every 5-10'.
Yeah I’m sure it’ll be fine i did the pouring new water every 15 20 mins and it worked fine for me
 
And btw it re attached to the bottom again..
 
Will it be alright? Its 5"+ when transfering from its container I used a turkey baster to de attach itself from the plastic but a few(3-4?) tentacles got kinda got stuck inside the turkey baster, none came off but did get a bit damaged, how should I acclimate it without accudrip? I might use the fish acclimating method pouring a little bit of the new water in every 5-10'.
It will fill and restore itself.
Acclimation is equalizing salinity-temp-ph and introduce under No-low flow until it attached its foot in a desired location which it may move until it finds suitable spot
 
Also what are these two things(one is a clear slime then I think snail eggs?) Growing on my equipment? Besides the algae, my sailfin ate all the algae but he is not touching the powerhead or skimmers

1D001749-562A-4FA9-87FE-1A90D6E82CA9.jpeg
3DA843BC-3E92-4547-9257-745E53EED902.jpeg
 
It will fill and restore itself.
Acclimation is equalizing salinity-temp-ph and introduce under No-low flow until it attached its foot in a desired location which it may move until it finds suitable spot
It re attached again
 
To the plastic container I mean, I added a couple photos and need identification please.
 
Spirorbid worms check them out Lmk filter feeders
Thanks! Theres like a clear coat on top on a couple of them, looks like developing pineapple sponges, these must've hitch hiked
 
Thanks! Theres like a clear coat on top on a couple of them, looks like developing pineapple sponges, these must've hitch hiked
Pineapple sponges usually hide in dark areas into flow on live rock most of the time you won’t even notice them are you sure the clear coat isn’t their feathers also it could be snail eggs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new