RBTA and open mouth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Visuals
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Visuals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Messages
167
Reaction score
71
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My aquatop titanium heater broke and I'm not sure if there's anything that comes out of that thing, but it killed my urchin and snails. My rbta's aren't looking too good. I did a water change, ran carbon but to be safe, I also moved one of my anemones to a family member's tank to hold.

The tank is a 40g tank and I've had these guys for years, and that heater kind of did a number on my tank.
1b404887-372f-45a1-8ecd-f8027590f7be.jpg


This is what it looks like in their tank, is this guy gonna be alright?
 
Stray voltage from the heater breaking maybe?
 
Stray voltage from the heater breaking maybe?
366848cb-9a5e-40ef-a678-73cf5cf8cc02.jpg
7c677001-59f6-4269-887a-f89e7e581cf4.jpg


I didn't even know it broke when I stuck my hand in the front of the tank to check the snails. Wouldn't I normally get shocked? or is it cause the heater was in the back chamber of the AIO?
 
You wouldn't get zapped hard due to not being grounded.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new