RBTA keeps releasing from rock?

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an RBTA sitting very happily attached to the rock near the bottom of my reef for about 2 years. Recently it started to move up the rock and ended up splitting. Around that same time I increased my mag to 1500-1600 to try and fight off some Bryopsis. Strangely after the split both anemones seem to release from the rock occasionally especially at night. I find them barely hanging on in the morning or rolling on the bottom. Currently, it is only happening to one and its not everyday. Any thoughts? Could it be the higher mag?

Both appear very healthy with good color. Will take food if offered. Only variable i can pinpoint that changed is the mag during the time this started happening.

Tank specifics: 40 gallon breeder size tank, 2 xr30 gen 3 Radions only at aprox 45%. 2 mp10s running on a variable program and 1 jebao stirring up debri that settle in the back.

Parameters:
NO3 0
po4 .02
alk 8.9
cal 380
ph 7.8-8

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANy chance they are being bothered by the Bryopsis or anything else you are doing to try to ward it off?

OP
OP
A

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its possible. I just added a flucanazole treatment so hopefully Bryopsis will be gone soon. Prior to that I haven't done anything other than increase the mag.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of other BTAs splitting and being "upset" but not killed during flucon treatments hence I asked.

OP
OP
A

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, i guess we will find out. Hopefully, it doesn't make things worse. The nice thing is I can take them out easily because they dont stay attached for long. I want to start adding corals again so doing the flucon treatment prior.

Back