RBTA placement help

Kenojrg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
59
Reaction score
64
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone and happy thanksgiving! So I recently added a RBTA into my nano tank and I know they tend to move themselves to spots they like and are happy with but this guy is literally in the live rock. And just keep going deeper. Do you guys think it’ll come out eventually? Should I blast it with some flow to get it out? Or just leave it be? Sorry I just think it’s weird seeing it just deep into the rock, never had a nem that did this. I have a photo of where it was last night and then where I found it in the morning

IMG_2703.jpeg IMG_2704.jpeg IMG_2708.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I would just let it do it's thing. It may be hiding for various reasons. ( too much flow, light, because it is adapting to your water quality etc.) Give some time. If you irritate it (blast it with flow) in a new tank you are probably not doing it any favors.
How old is your tank? While I have personally put in anemones in a new tank, it is mostly generally accepted to not put in one in a non- established tank.
 
Agree with "leave it be". It will eventually find its happy place. I had one take a trip of five feet before it found a spot it liked.
 
I would just let it do it's thing. It may be hiding for various reasons. ( too much flow, light, because it is adapting to your water quality etc.) Give some time. If you irritate it (blast it with flow) in a new tank you are probably not doing it any favors.
How old is your tank? While I have personally put in anemones in a new tank, it is mostly generally accepted to not put in one in a non- established tank.
Thanks for the advice! And the tank is currently 6 months old.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new