RBTA placement help

Kenojrg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone and happy thanksgiving! So I recently added a RBTA into my nano tank and I know they tend to move themselves to spots they like and are happy with but this guy is literally in the live rock. And just keep going deeper. Do you guys think it’ll come out eventually? Should I blast it with some flow to get it out? Or just leave it be? Sorry I just think it’s weird seeing it just deep into the rock, never had a nem that did this. I have a photo of where it was last night and then where I found it in the morning

IMG_2703.jpeg IMG_2704.jpeg IMG_2708.jpeg

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let it do it's thing. It may be hiding for various reasons. ( too much flow, light, because it is adapting to your water quality etc.) Give some time. If you irritate it (blast it with flow) in a new tank you are probably not doing it any favors.
How old is your tank? While I have personally put in anemones in a new tank, it is mostly generally accepted to not put in one in a non- established tank.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with "leave it be". It will eventually find its happy place. I had one take a trip of five feet before it found a spot it liked.

OP
OP
K

Kenojrg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let it do it's thing. It may be hiding for various reasons. ( too much flow, light, because it is adapting to your water quality etc.) Give some time. If you irritate it (blast it with flow) in a new tank you are probably not doing it any favors.
How old is your tank? While I have personally put in anemones in a new tank, it is mostly generally accepted to not put in one in a non- established tank.
Thanks for the advice! And the tank is currently 6 months old.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back