RBTA, what’s going on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtlmnop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtlmnop

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2020
Messages
128
Reaction score
90
Location
Bloomington
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my first RBTA in the tank for a little over a week. It settled high on a rock opposite the light, and likes to stretch out over the top of the rock towards the light during the day. Seems happy, hasn’t moved since it settled. No bubbles, just stringy tentacles. But seemingly normal.

Today, I see it twisted at the base and closed up. I hadn’t fed anything, so seemed odd. Searched the forum and found a few examples of similar behavior, and that it was nothing to worry about.

Sure enough, and hour later, it’s back to stretching out, tentacles blowing in the flow from the return.

Another hour later, I watched it twist at the bases and essentially collapse.

Is it preparing to split? Or just being a nem?

5583D2E8-A2D1-4C8F-A1FA-9B95D76A2FB5.jpeg 8E760CEC-FE80-42CE-A2F7-8992635EC70A.jpeg AEA166F9-D474-4DBB-BE56-59C94B2883CA.jpeg
 
It's just being a typical anemone (could be in the process of getting ready to move around and explore a bit). Still looks very healthy otherwise.
That’s reassuring. Thanks! Seems happy. Considering if I need to upgrade my lighting since it settled so high in the tank. But it’s usually open and frilly all day.
 
Mine look very similar to the bottom picture most of the time, right before lights off sometimes they will suck up Into themselves a little like the top pic.
Haven't moved in 9 months and look great! I think flow has a lot to do with bubbling/extension.
When im doing water changes and the pumps are off they look twice the size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new