RBTA, what’s going on?

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my first RBTA in the tank for a little over a week. It settled high on a rock opposite the light, and likes to stretch out over the top of the rock towards the light during the day. Seems happy, hasn’t moved since it settled. No bubbles, just stringy tentacles. But seemingly normal.

Today, I see it twisted at the base and closed up. I hadn’t fed anything, so seemed odd. Searched the forum and found a few examples of similar behavior, and that it was nothing to worry about.

Sure enough, and hour later, it’s back to stretching out, tentacles blowing in the flow from the return.

Another hour later, I watched it twist at the bases and essentially collapse.

Is it preparing to split? Or just being a nem?

5583D2E8-A2D1-4C8F-A1FA-9B95D76A2FB5.jpeg 8E760CEC-FE80-42CE-A2F7-8992635EC70A.jpeg AEA166F9-D474-4DBB-BE56-59C94B2883CA.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just being a typical anemone (could be in the process of getting ready to move around and explore a bit). Still looks very healthy otherwise.
That’s reassuring. Thanks! Seems happy. Considering if I need to upgrade my lighting since it settled so high in the tank. But it’s usually open and frilly all day.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine look very similar to the bottom picture most of the time, right before lights off sometimes they will suck up Into themselves a little like the top pic.
Haven't moved in 9 months and look great! I think flow has a lot to do with bubbling/extension.
When im doing water changes and the pumps are off they look twice the size.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back