RBTA: Would love some help and advice

You are doing the smart thing. Everyone makes mistakes. I have not tried all the different test kits but I did run a 6 week (testing weekly) test of the API, Red Sea, and Salifert. I found they were close to each other but when they were off the API was the one way off. Now I still use API and its a great easy kit to use. Learn to use the API and if you see your tank/corals not doing well but the kits are saying its ok then you get a better kit to double check.

Just note when adding new corals you should ramp your light mainly if you get into SPSs.

At this moment I suggest to try your best to keep your hands out of your tank. Let things settled in and just start learning to use a test kit. As stated above keep asking questions.

 
Nem's Love mysis shrimp. I feed mine directly with a turkey
Baster type feeder. I'm surprised how much they can eat and they grow big faster. Hope this helps you out?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new