RBTA: Would love some help and advice

You are doing the smart thing. Everyone makes mistakes. I have not tried all the different test kits but I did run a 6 week (testing weekly) test of the API, Red Sea, and Salifert. I found they were close to each other but when they were off the API was the one way off. Now I still use API and its a great easy kit to use. Learn to use the API and if you see your tank/corals not doing well but the kits are saying its ok then you get a better kit to double check.

Just note when adding new corals you should ramp your light mainly if you get into SPSs.

At this moment I suggest to try your best to keep your hands out of your tank. Let things settled in and just start learning to use a test kit. As stated above keep asking questions.

 
Nem's Love mysis shrimp. I feed mine directly with a turkey
Baster type feeder. I'm surprised how much they can eat and they grow big faster. Hope this helps you out?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new