RD Joker Staghorn Growth Rate?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,631
Reaction score
34,644
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so earlier I got a beautiful RD Joker Staghorn (Same price as a regular Joker but had the nice blues). My question is how fast do these grow? I had a Green Staghorn in the past that grew fast and large, it was 5-6 inch tall when I lost it, it grew a good half inch every week. How fast do these guys grow? Is it similar to the normal greens/blues/oranges?

My blenny is taking a liking to it and nipping it but I’m unsure if this is due to what the Staghorn secretes or something else. The blenny species is Escenius lineatus (Linear blenny), their close cousins (Bicolour blennys) aren’t known for being reef safe. Will the coral out grow the nipping when established to my nano?

I also got a Spongoides (I assume monti) but the blenny completely ignores that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new