Re-Aquascaping

GregAW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have another question. I need to re-aquascape my DT and I was wondering, all my animals will remain in the tank, what problems might I run into by re-aquascaping? I'm having to change my overflow system and don't want to drain the tank to do the switch. The overflow will be shut down for maybe 2 hours and then it can be back online but the rocks will still be needing to be moved. Thanks in advance.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you wanting to remove your rock completely while you re-aquascape?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine if you are just moving rocks around It'll stir up some stuff, but it'll go away pretty quickly once you get the sump back into play. I've had my tank to the point where you can't see in it and never had an issue with fish or corals.

Just move rocks slowly as to not crush any fish or livestock :)

OP
OP
G

GregAW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine if you are just moving rocks around It'll stir up some stuff, but it'll go away pretty quickly once you get the sump back into play. I've had my tank to the point where you can't see in it and never had an issue with fish or corals.

Cool and thanks for the fast reply. I figured I'd cloud the tank up pretty bad.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea I +10 to this cause I rescape all the time lol. Should be fine as he said just don't crush anything.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
G

GregAW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I don't LOL I do have an Anemone that doesn't seem to know where it wants to take up home but I can see him.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back