Re-calibrating various meters

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get to the box of old equipment that I had from my 1st foray into SW aquariums. Threw a bunch of stuff out that was no good, but have 3 meters that I should be able to use still, but that would need re-calibration.

Milwaukee CD 97 TDS Meter
Milwaukee PH51 Waterproof Ph Tester/meter
RHS-10ATC Refractometer

Before I can use these, I would need to re-calibrate them all, as they were not used for over 5 years, and just sitting in their boxes stored away.

I also guess i should change electrode on the pH meter, as it was sitting dry for all this time?

All of them came with instructions on how to calibrate them, but they all say use this specific solution or that specific solution. What my question is, are there any better liquids/solutions I can use for calibration, or should I scour internet for the specific ones listed? As example TDS meter says to use M10080 solution, while pH meter says use M10070 then M10004 and then M10010.

Like I said I will figure out what they are and get them from internet somewhere, so that hopefully shouldnt be an issue, but wanted to see if there are better solutions or better ways of going about this before I buy ones mentioned.

Thanks for the help.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cvrle1

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure would... :rolleyes:

FWIW:
I like the Two Little Fishes .35 natural seawater solution to keep my refractometer dialed in.
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=30356

Thanks very much for the info. Need to call DRS and get them to change their bloody site. Since they dont do Canada or international shipping, I cant even view their site from Canadian IP address. It just shows message stating to go away. Kicker is, I can ship to US, as I live 10 min from the border.

Either way, will find that solution somewhere else, and will look into changing that electrode as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back