Re-inventing the Tyhoon led controller

bubbasguppies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been thinking about alot of things LED and control. With all these high end lighting units for sale I was thinking of re-inventing the Tyhoon originally on RC by adding 2 more channels (6 total), possibility of 0-5v pwm/analog and 0-10v pwm/analog, i2c display, a temp sensor for heat sink temps, adding Bluetooth to it with a simple Android app for the moment as my coding skills are limited. When it comes to the coding side how many are interested in geolocation sunrise n sunset times, moon phase, weather patterns and acclimation. Let me know your thoughts DIY crowd....trying to re-inventing the wheel here....maybe even try cloud based version with IoT sec platform.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a cool idea. I'll follow along. I think the more functionality, the more fun it will be. I'm not sure how important the geolocation etc. will be (that would be something way down the line that would require some comparison testing), but it would definitely be COOL! :)

OP
OP
bubbasguppies

bubbasguppies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a cool idea. I'll follow along. I think the more functionality, the more fun it will be. I'm not sure how important the geolocation etc. will be (that would be something way down the line that would require some comparison testing), but it would definitely be COOL! :)
Geolocation is for auto sunrise n sunset times.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back