Re-Wiring Aquatic Life Hybrid

cyclejockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really struggling with mine right now. I live in a rural part of Alaska so a great selection of everything isn't possible (even at Home Depot). Can I use 18 gauge speaker wire and cut it to length? I'm wiring new dimmable ballasts and running the cords on one side of the fixture. Right now, it looks like a rats nest on the dinner table. I'm getting frustrated with the whole project and I'm going back to work on Wednesday for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really struggling with mine right now. I live in a rural part of Alaska so a great selection of everything isn't possible (even at Home Depot). Can I use 18 gauge speaker wire and cut it to length? I'm wiring new dimmable ballasts and running the cords on one side of the fixture. Right now, it looks like a rats nest on the dinner table. I'm getting frustrated with the whole project and I'm going back to work on Wednesday for 2 weeks.
As an electrician I wouldn’t recommend using speaker wire. The insulation is most likely not rated for the voltage.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back