• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reactor Bundle - VARIOS-2 and Two Avast Spyglass Reactors

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I live in Glendora California. I shutdown my DT tank and I'm in the process of selling everything. Today it's time for my media reactor setup. After trying a few different reactors over the years, I found the Avast Spyglass reactors to be the simplest, for me, to maintain since you don't have to disconnect any hoses or pumps to change out the media. I used this setup for GFO and carbon, but you can also use one for bio balls as well. Included in the bundle is the dedicated Varios-2 pump and manifold that has two ball valves for tuning each reactor separate to ensure you have the proper flow to each media type. Everything is in perfect working condition. I vinegar soaked and cleaned the pump and reactors right after taking down my system. FWIW: If you purchased this setup new it would cost you over $600.

The kit includes:
1x VARIOS-2 Controllable DC Pump (792 GPH)
2x Avast Spyglass Reactor
Miscellaneous fittings, tubings, and ball valves for a custom fit.

The price is $210 (firm) + shipping to your address if you're not local.

Individual Item Pricing:
VARIOS-2 Controllable DC Pump (792 GPH) $115 (firm) + Shipping
Avast Spyglass Reactor $75 (firm) + Shipping

Please note, I will be using UPS for shipping as they are far more reliable than USPS, and since I'm the one assuming all the risk for resolving any lost or damaged packages, I think it's fair that I get to choose the carrier.

If you want this setup, PM me with your shipping zip code and I'll respond with your shipping cost.

IMG_4145.jpeg

IMG_4146.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

Last edited:

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great reactors. I have two as well. They do not clog (unlike the brs reactors) even after many months of running and a pinch to replace media.

Intro vid from avast marine:

OP
OP
Jeff_H

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Gabe - I agree!

I started with the BRS reactors and after a couple of days, the flow would drop significantly. My favorite thing about these is how easy it is to change your media without having to disconnect pumps and hoses and screws. super simple and effective.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back