reactor mounting

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you that use the larger BRS (or similar) reactors that have the plastic hanging bracket...

are you guys modifying the way you mount it, so that the canisters spin freely for removal / install?
if you mount the bracket to the wall, as is, the bottom of the long canister rests on the wall. So if you try and remove it, obviously, it does not hang free. It knocks against the wall and you can't easily get a good grip on it, WITHOUT, removing the whole unit from the wall. I keep the unit on the wall and spin the canisters off / on. it's annoying, but not the end of the world.

Obviously, you can mount the bracket on a standoff / piece of wood that brings the unit out a couple inches and all is fine. Or remove the whole unit and disconnect hoses, but that's a PITA!

What have you done to remedy this issue?

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Total pet peeve for me too. I didn't tighten the screws to the wall fully so the canister can come off the wall a bit and easy to screw on and off. I think design fix would be better but for now this works for me

OP
OP
reef tank 2.0

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and to go along with this, does anyone know what kind of tubing you would use for these reactors? I know it's a 1/2", but does tubing material matter?

I see options of soft tubing, and PE tubing like what you use for your RODI unit, or 1/2" RO tubing

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back