Reactor Order Question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aspect
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
1,578
Reaction score
846
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, I have 1 large reactor running with ~200 gallons worth of bio pellets. My total tank volume is 450 gallons. I have another reactor coming with 2 chambers, I'd like to run carbon in one and more bio pellets in the other as I'm not worried about phosphate in a softy tank as long as I can keep the nitrates down. Would it be better to run the carbon in the first chamber or bio pellets? Or is there another filter media that would benefit me more? I'm open to suggestions.
 
Hello, I have 1 large reactor running with ~200 gallons worth of bio pellets. My total tank volume is 450 gallons. I have another reactor coming with 2 chambers, I'd like to run carbon in one and more bio pellets in the other as I'm not worried about phosphate in a softy tank as long as I can keep the nitrates down. Would it be better to run the carbon in the first chamber or bio pellets? Or is there another filter media that would benefit me more? I'm open to suggestions.
Carbon in the first chamber and then bio pellets in the second so that way the effluent bacteria can go directly into the skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new