Reactor Order Question?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, I have 1 large reactor running with ~200 gallons worth of bio pellets. My total tank volume is 450 gallons. I have another reactor coming with 2 chambers, I'd like to run carbon in one and more bio pellets in the other as I'm not worried about phosphate in a softy tank as long as I can keep the nitrates down. Would it be better to run the carbon in the first chamber or bio pellets? Or is there another filter media that would benefit me more? I'm open to suggestions.

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have 1 large reactor running with ~200 gallons worth of bio pellets. My total tank volume is 450 gallons. I have another reactor coming with 2 chambers, I'd like to run carbon in one and more bio pellets in the other as I'm not worried about phosphate in a softy tank as long as I can keep the nitrates down. Would it be better to run the carbon in the first chamber or bio pellets? Or is there another filter media that would benefit me more? I'm open to suggestions.
Carbon in the first chamber and then bio pellets in the second so that way the effluent bacteria can go directly into the skimmer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back