Reading coral with new lights

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! About a month ago I replaced my Steve's led setup in my biocube 32 with Hydra 26. The Steve's lights had blue and white, and I had the blues pretty high and everything was doing great.

The Hydra make the tank look amazing and I'm not losing any coral, but I struggling dialing them in because of so many different light channels... The corals that seem to be showing the most differences in appearance are my zoas.... I'll post a before and after pic of my utter chaos as they seem to be affected the most... I really don't know if it's too little or too much light because some of my other zoa are Reaching more than ever, but others seem to be shriveling.

Its hard to determine which way to go because of how slowly I must go to make changes.

Any suggestions in general, or by looking at these photos? I'm currently running the BRS suggested Hydra 26 settings.

The utter Chaos are much darker in the centers before and shriveled a bit more as well.
3db09d511de3050809bff12cb69ba139.jpg
1ec1443435848480d5404466b86506ce.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Utter Chaos get larger with duller colors with lower light and smaller and much more bright with more light.

This also could be a spectrum thing, not just intensity. There is really no way to tell without a light meter.

Every light has some pros and cons, so if this is all of the issues, then it is probably a good transition. If not, then put the Steve's back on the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back