Real Ocean Rock in Aquaculture for Over a Decade

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Australian 25/lb
It didn’t have any crabs or anything bad. It was so clean. I really think the bio diversity is worth it if you rule out pests.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2180.png
    IMG_2180.png
    1 MB · Views: 53

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australian 25/lb
It didn’t have any crabs or anything bad. It was so clean. I really think the bio diversity is worth it if you rule out pests.
That's why I wish I could send over a few hundred pounds of the Indonesian stuff from here. Worst I've ever gotten were a few manjano nems and a few small crabs. Plus every rock is almost 100% covered in coralline. Worth at least as much as any from Australia.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not there now! Haha...they had 100 gallon tanks full of it! It wasnt 100% covered in coralline like the shop I usually buys from but there were some nice looking pieces!
I would love to see pics … !

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see pics … !
I can send pics from the shop I usually buy from since they advertise in really large group chats similar to Whatsapp. The shops at the major market in BKK really dislike people taking pictures because all the tourists can get really annoying stopping at every shop not to buy anything, just to take pics. Many shops actually have signs posted. A lot of them know me or recognize me now but still it feels weird to take a picture with a sign saying not to right in front of you.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are so lucky
Thats exactly what I tell other reefers here! They literally posted a video clip from YouTube on one of the group chats that just happened to be of the exact shop I used to work at in America and they were talking as if they were envious of American reefers. I told them flat out that we have it pretty good here and they can trust me on that.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what I tell other reefers here! They literally posted a video clip from YouTube on one of the group chats that just happened to be of the exact shop I used to work at in America and they were talking as if they were envious of American reefers. I told them flat out that we have it pretty good here and they can trust me on that.
Lol...how could anyone be envious of American Coral when you are in of the top 3 coral capitals of the world!!

I am jealous of the stuff you can get. I've seen videos of people scuba diving the massive euphyllia gardens over there, and your live rock is insane with all the coraline growing on it!

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol...how could anyone be envious of American Coral when you are in of the top 3 coral capitals of the world!!

I am jealous of the stuff you can get. I've seen videos of people scuba diving the massive euphyllia gardens over there, and your live rock is insane with all the coraline growing on it!
That's what I was trying to tell them! The corals and prices are amazing although there's the drawback of little aquaculture so some are more difficult to adapt to aquarium life but what really got me was how they believed the corals in the video appear in person exactly how they appear in the video! I told them that advertising (meaning perfect and sometimes slightly misleading photography) plays a big part in the trade in America! Here most of the shops/sellers aren't so good with the photography/editing pics so a lot of the stuff you order amazingly looks like what you thought you were buying when it arrives...

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back