Real skull in tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thalia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Thalia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
134
Reaction score
84
Location
Eastern Fraser valley
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend found a cat skull on her farm and gave it to me. If I boil it and clean it well can I put it in my tank? I think it'd be neat to have an encrusting coral on.
 
My suspicion is that the bone will rapidly break down inside the aquarium.
 
A friend found a cat skull on her farm and gave it to me. If I boil it and clean it well can I put it in my tank? I think it'd be neat to have an encrusting coral on.
I see no reason ,
It’s just like having extra snail shells , more calcium added to tank that may eventually break down but not anytime soon
 
I see no reason ,
It’s just like having extra snail shells , more calcium added to tank that may eventually break down but not anytime soon
That was my instinct but in a Facebook group someone said I'd need to epoxy it to make it safe, which seemed like overkill...
 
More than likely the bacteria will attack any organic left behind that will degrade the boney structure, unless you have a quick encrusting coral, cyphastrea comes to mind
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new