Realistic Risk of Adding BTA

Another splitter here. Started with 3 rainbow and ended up with 50 before I started removing them. Bought a really nice red one and couldn't get it to split lol. Like the others I never lost a fish to a bubble tip. I no longer keep them because I like my coral better.
 
My sump has probably 30ish ECC Nexus Joker Anemones after about 2 years. I started with 4. I also have 5 in my Display after starting with 1.
 
Another splitter here. Started with 3 rainbow and ended up with 50 before I started removing them. Bought a really nice red one and couldn't get it to split lol. Like the others I never lost a fish to a bubble tip. I no longer keep them because I like my coral better.
Way too many then, sounds like it's safer to get a torch, hammer, or gsp/xenia patch and let nature take its course. From a safety aspect I have my answer, but the potential rapid reproduction would be too much for this system.
 
Yea they split and split and split.
Never had one eat a fish though.
I had 6 in my 35g nem system along with 2 long tentacles.
The bubbles got to 9 and I gave all but one away.
I put 1 nice bubble in my 50 and it split into 3. One was very small. Its in my 13g now.
I removed all but 2 of the longs and now there are 5.
The tiny one in my 13g.
20260319_162937.jpg
Lovely Christmas worms, I heard the coral they live on is a SPS?


Also do you recommend this specimen for a beginner reefer with a 25-gallon mixed reef tank?
 
Lovely Christmas worms, I heard the coral they live on is a SPS?


Also do you recommend this specimen for a beginner reefer with a 25-gallon mixed reef tank?
I have had better succes with them in smaller low flow systems.
They work well in nanos with lower flow.
The coral is porites an sps that does well in any system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new