OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's alot of variables these days and it's easy to bash the carriers (I'm guilty as the next reefer) but since Covid arrived on the scene more folks are shopping online then ever before and the carriers are pummeled with shipments. BUT on the other side of that coin & I've been doing it recently, when ordering livestock I explicitly state to the shipper I want it next day 10am, some say they can only go by what shipper tells them - then I ask for guarantee policy. We HAVE to press the shippers to fulfill overnight shipments - it benefits them also as not having to replace dead animals. Again the variables are countless, I've had vendors ship standard first class mail when it was supposed to be FedEx or UPS - so they're not "angels" either. Talk to your vendor, heck build a decent rapport and you won't believe what they'll do for you. Just sayin'
My problem is they wont help hey I get it mistakes happen new driver,wrong dial ext the problem is Im literally begging to be put in contact with the facility or the driver to know what is going on and if I could even do there job for them and pick it up and they keep telling me the straight crap

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thought this to be funny and even fairly accurate.

full on truth amazone gets me packages when no one else will. I have to fight with my usps to even deliver some days. Ups isn't the worst and fed ex there horrible

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I use to remember fedex being the best shipping now they can’t even handle a box
There is youtube videos everywhere of people's ring cameras capturing them completely disrespecting packages. They've really set the bar low when it comes to employee training.

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is youtube videos everywhere of people's ring cameras capturing them completely disrespecting packages. They've really set the bar low when it comes to employee training.
He banged the package of live fish like 30 times trying to hand it to me as he violently flipped the box around so yeah I watched it happen

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then they look all surprised that people order online
The only thing LFS has right now to compete with online retailers is their service and proximity to the customers. When local small business don't bother to make an effort to improve services and selection they cannot blame people for shopping online.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing LFS has right now to compete with online retailers is their service and proximity to the customers. When local small business don't bother to make an effort to improve services and selection they cannot blame people for shopping online.
Yup - completely lost in all the "Buy local" stuff is that the reason so many people shop on Amazon/etc - isn't because of price - its because "Its broken" gets you a new one - and not a "well, that stinks. A replacement will be $99.99". Or because the online places have guarantees, and the LFS is 'buyer beware'

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup - completely lost in all the "Buy local" stuff is that the reason so many people shop on Amazon/etc - isn't because of price - its because "Its broken" gets you a new one - and not a "well, that stinks. A replacement will be $99.99". Or because the online places have guarantees, and the LFS is 'buyer beware'
Absolutely agree, I am all for paying an extra buck or two to shop local and support the community for as long as I am treated well and feel like a valued customer. But when the store starts to give cutsomers that impression that "we are the only ones carrying this stuff in 100 mile radius and you are stuck with us" attitude is when I say so long buddy.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can agree that Fedex can be bad as they messed up a couple of shipments for me. But I do have a Fedex guy that does a route to my house, and he is a fish guy. Whenever he sees a fish-related package to my house, he tries to get to me as early as he can without wrecking his schedule. Once I missed a door bell on a must sign package for live products, and he came back to my house after his next delivery to try again so I would not have to wait till the next day. Very cool.

I guess it is good to get to know your driver.

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And sadly how you can beat the offer of no longer having to dry waste gas money and chance at a accident and on top of all those things they make it seem AS THERE DOING YOU THE FAVOR for the prices they don’t have listed ever at the store or online before you go there and then when you get there the chance of them not having it is always there and now saltwater and bulk reef supply’s offer deals and rewards programs I have no reason to justify going to a store that treats me even remotely bad

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely agree, I am all for paying an extra buck or two to shop local and support the community for as long as I am treated well and feel like a valued customer. But when the store starts to give cutsomers that impression that "we are the only ones carrying this stuff in 100 mile radius and you are stuck with us" attitude is when I say so long buddy.
I feel fish stores know the market isn’t competitive for brick and motors so they don’t care compared to online dealers who know there a dime a dozen and strive to win you over anyway possible

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an idea some of you may be able to take advantage of. The guy I bought some berghias from advised to me to use a FedEx drop point address. It is like the "first drop location" in my town at a local Walgreens. There still seemed to be some delay in my getting notified that it was there, but it was there by 10am.

Going forward, that is going to be my method with FedEx. Good luck out there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back