Really struggling with flow in nano.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am currently running an IM 25 lagoon, with a rock full of GSP, a HUGE Rose BTA, Blasto, couple of favia, and a frogspawn.

Until recently, the tank spent since it's inception, fallow. I added 2 clownfish who tend to sit in the same spot all day. They eat like savages, look healthy, part of me wonders if it's because of flow, they look like they are swimming with a lot of effort all the time.

I currently have 2 Sicce 0.5's for returns. And 2 MP10's. I'm struggling to figure out in with the bare bottom how much is too much flow. I run then both on reef crest along the back, one higher than the other, at 20% anti-sync.

I'm not sure whats too much, and what isn't. I know it's a subjective thing, but it's been the hardest part to figure out.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't judge flow by how clowns are swimming again current. If your corals and nem are doing fine then its probably good enough

I wouldn't change it further bc if your nem stopped moving then it must have found a good flow spot.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an IM 20 fusion with a sicce 0.5 return and 2 hydor nano powerheads. I've got plenty of flow in my Floorplan and my clowns like to stay in the least turbulent zone near a rock. I think you have plenty of flow. Post a full tank shot, it may help us help you. Here is mine.
20210911_095344.jpg

Gordi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an IM 20 fusion with a sicce 0.5 return and 2 hydor nano powerheads. I've got plenty of flow in my Floorplan and my clowns like to stay in the least turbulent zone near a rock. I think you have plenty of flow. Post a full tank shot, it may help us help you. Here is mine.
20210911_095344.jpg
Wow! How do you get corals to look so good??

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back