Really thinking about adding a queen angel to my sps tank...

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
1,443
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you guys had success with a queen in a reef before? I think they are absolutely stunning. And I don’t much care for my LPS coral much anymore anyhow. Would a queen devistate my reef?!

Much research to do just want to hear some opinions, I’m finally to the point where I want another angel! Not sure if I want a dwarf or to go big! Thanks!

659D5F5D-CEE9-47F6-B340-5FBC698E9F7D.jpeg


26A4DF12-64F9-439E-A247-D9520C1C1292.jpeg
 
What size is the tank? A queen angel needs a minimum of 250 gallon system to thrive (can get over a foot and a half). But they are generally not reef safe as they are known munch on sps and lps corals.
 
After a lot research it seems to be to risky!
What size is the tank? A queen angel needs a minimum of 250 gallon system to thrive (can get over a foot and a half). But they are generally not reef safe as they are known munch on sps and lps corals.
t
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new