Reasons Why Im Not Doing Water Changes Anymore.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangchaser
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
But for water changes, remember the basics of matching the parameters of your new salt water to the tank water. Primarily for me is Alk/Ca/Mag. With IO salt, I use Muratic Acid to lower Alk to 8.5 dkh, and 2 Part to boost Calcium to 420 and Mag to 1250. You are supposed to do this with each new box or batch of salt...More salt used = more of everything else added.

This provided an ah-ha moment for me. I have never done this and am excited about the possibilities here. Thank you.
 
Randy would you run a tank without water changes?

Do you mean me?

The answer would depend on my goals for the tank, but since I would not typically want to spent a lot of time thinking about the many chemicals in the tank and whether they were depleting or accumulating, I'd probably almost always do them. That doesn't mean that even when doing them there is no cause for any concern with these issues, but the issues are lessened by water changes.
 
Do you mean me?

The answer would depend on my goals for the tank, but since I would not typically want to spent a lot of time thinking about the many chemicals in the tank and whether they were depleting or accumulating, I'd probably almost always do them. That doesn't mean that even when doing them there is no cause for any concern with these issues, but the issues are lessened by water changes.
Ya
 
I made my own calcium reactor :)
IMG_2428 - Copy.JPG
Made one back in the early 90s that worked great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new