Reboot Standard 125. Nothing special here.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, pic 3!

20181028_114519-jpg.875434

OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be this guy? If so, that would be photoing with averaging the exposure...
20181028_112424.jpg

Or this guy, which would be the same thing?
20181028_112412.jpg

OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool lol, didn't twig with me, ... my bad! :)

I have a cabbage and a finger but can't see the base of either.
That means yours are doing very well! That is only one of two oddball, i.e. soft, corals I have in the tank so I can understand the confusion. Kind of a misrepresentation on my part. About 40 corals and only two are soft. I should change that. Just haven't had the time to collect any more softies.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a pic of the cabbage and show you later if you don't mind me putting a pic on your journal, it is at the (almost dead centre) heart of the tank!? :)
Post away, brother. I'd like to see it!

OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking Good @P-Dub.

Any updates for the New Year? Got any photos of your fish?
Yes please, would definitely appreciate some of the final set up with the inhabitants settled in.
I will get on that today. I have had some issues that I am trying to sort out that has me stumped. I'll post up, likely tomorrow. January is notoriously slow for my work so I have the time.

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning lemons into lemonade. As I have stated before, I think, we live in concrete bunkers here. As such, I was dreading the thought of having to tap into the exterior outlet circuit to feed power to my tank. The exterior outlets are the least used so that was the best option. Coring through 8 inches of concrete was what would be needed. NOT FUN! So I go about the process of setting things up before I rent a coring bit and drill. Safety first dictates that I shut off the breaker to the exterior outlets. So I shut the one labeled "exterior outlets". I have my powerheads that are in the vat I'm curing my live rock in running on the exterior outlet I will be feeding power to the tank from and well, they are still running. Now I'd like to say this is unusual but here the standards leave a lot to be desired so I'm not surprised. I check the closest other exterior outlet and it is off. Now I'm curious, do I have a separate unlabeled breaker for this and maybe another exterior outlet? No, it turns out, I do not. I get my handy circuit tracer and start the process of tracing the outlet I'm going to be using. I keep getting a reading that it is part of the living room circuit. I shut that breaker off and, yup, it is part of the living room circuit. This is not what I wanted. I already have the 72" monster TV and all associated electronics as well as a printer, router, surround sound system, various floor lamps, weather station, electric recliner, cell phone chargers, laptops, etc. all on that one 20 amp circuit. Now I'm in a quandary. I am busy rethinking where to put the tank. Upstairs? No way to easily get RO/DI water. No room anywhere else so it somehow has to be my original spot. Visions of hundreds of feet of conduit on the interior and exterior walls made me ill. Then I have a lightbulb moment. I had to run the coax for the TVs upstairs. There were, for reasons I still cannot fathom, and additional un-used conduit running within the same TV cable box. What if I run power from the upstairs bedroom outlet circuit that has next to nothing on it and what is, is used very seldom through this conduit? Essentially, I will have a 20 amp circuit dedicated to my tank, more or less. Well, that is what I did. It's not as clean on the interior as I would like but it will be behind the tank so I'm not going to sweat it. Small victory in the face of adversity. Lemonade...
DSCN6809.JPG

I must have had the same electrician working on my house. My air conditioner didn't kick on last spring. I started investigating and found that a mouse had built a nest in the outside unit. Wires apparently were not part of its housing design so it chewed them up. I killed the breaker for the AC and the furnace but still had current when I went to fix the wires. For some unknown reason in the garage by the furnace is a light switch that kills power to the outside unit. Glad I check. I am super jealous that you can hand pick your livestock from the source. Can't wait for your update.

OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So I promised to put some updates up and some photos. Unfortunately, the pictures that I take look like utter turds. Even with my Samsung on pro mode, they look nothing like the screen on my phone. If someone can lend a hand on what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it.
I have taken some shots and tried my best to color correct in post and get things as close to what I see in real life. It takes time that I don't have to work on this. So here goes.
Tank.jpg

OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One coral that has color morphed beyond all original recognition. Originally it was all just a flourescent yellow. Then it started to get some purple.

20181028_112345.jpg

20181028_112205.jpg

20190125_135851.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P-Dub

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that was weird. But you can see the unedited, washed-out photo. And there is another coral that I put in there. That is a before shot. I don't have one of how it looks now. I got to do that tomorrow or so.

Back