Receiving fish from Canada

  • Thread starter Thread starter spsgtr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spsgtr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
115
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested in ordering fish from Canada to the US. Do I need an importer's license for this. The retail store told me that I didn't and that I wouldn't be responsible for any duties/tariffs. The package would only need to clear customs.

If the fish were sent by FedEx, would they need to clear customs from my end? What else is involved with receiving the fish? I don't want to pay for some fish and just have customs take it away. The fish are all legal and not protected by CITES. TIA
 
if they are not covered under cites id say no, but then again F&W might have other hoops for fish.
anymore everything coming in could be taken by customs... gotta love that patriot act
 
Yes you will need to have it cleaned by fish and wildlife. Call any fish and wildlife office and ask them about your situation. I would strongly recommend just buying from any store here in the USA. You shouldnt need an import license if it is for personal use and not business but you might.
 
That is a fish we have had for a few years... it is a tang with crazy colors. He has since lost a lot of the yellow color. Not he looks like a black tang with a blue chin. Hes really cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new