Recent Tonga SPS pests?

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

speedstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
704
Reaction score
1,029
Location
Grand Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how infested the SPS corals that are coming in from Tonga as wilds are? Been awhile since I brought in a case or two of coral and am curious how bad they are currently. There was a time 12 years back when what I brought in was supper clean from bali, but then a few years later most were infested with issues. It has now been a decade since I have done it.

Any info or thoughts would be great, and I know the survival rates and challenges, and will QT them if I do this, but it will be a nightmare and I am sure I would end up adding nothing to my display if it is as bad as it had gotten in the past with other locations.

Thanks
 
It will be a gamble with wild corals from anywhere. QT for a good long time and report back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new