Recife eco40

tmmccloud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I tried searching for these answers first but it seems this particular AIO tank is less popular so less info out there. I came into a Recife Eco40 tank all stock and it's in my garage waiting for me to clean it all up and put it back together. Had a few questions mostly related to the filtration. It has 4 filter boxes with assorted materials in them, all of which would need replaced. Am I correct in thinking I could use https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/aquatop-40-recife-aio-media-basket.803187/
and just put carbon in the filter sock with some GFO with a filter floss above it to accomplish the same thing and lose all those media boxes? Or does the GFO and Carbon go after the protein skimmer? Thanks all!!

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never put carbon in a filter sock (uness you mean bag). It will get nasty and clogged way too soon before its actual lifespans is up. GFO needs to be in a reactor or mixed something like 1/3 gfo 2/3 carbon in a bag. Where they are in realtion to the skimmer doesnt matter. The mainm thing is to have your floss or filter pads before any other filter media.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back