Recommendation for flow pumps.

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 35 Gallon cube tank. I have noticed that one of my Current USA flow pumps has quit working once again. I am sick and tired of the piece of junk system. The bluetooth control and pump module quit working and in order to restore the pump back to working status I have to completely uninstall the software and reinstall on my phone then reconfigure everything. For this reason I am considering using a Hydros Wave Engine with the rest of my Hydros collective. The Hydros, Wave Engine LE is available with either a 2K Gyre pump or an Octo Pulse 2 wave pump. Which would be a better choice for flow in my tank? I am not really sure what the difference is with the two styles of pumps. I appreciate any feedback.

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a larger (4') tank with the regular Waveengine, 2X Octopulse 4s and a Maxspect XF350 (cloud) gyre and can absolutely recommend the Hydros with the Octo 2s and/or the gyre. I like the gyre flow - it provides a more uniform flow across the top of the whole tank while the octos are powerful, but more directed. If I had to choose one, based on my experience, I would pick the gyre for what I see is fuller tank coverage. I added it to the two octos when they didn't seem to completely cover. Note that my gyre pump has four separate directions available at once, so two are across the top, and two are down the front and back of the rockwork. I keep the octos down lower, one opposite the gyre for lower level flow, and one on the same side as the gyre to send flow through my rockwork beneath the gyre.

The flow patterns options on the Hydros are great.

OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a larger (4') tank with the regular Waveengine, 2X Octopulse 4s and a Maxspect XF350 (cloud) gyre and can absolutely recommend the Hydros with the Octo 2s and/or the gyre. I like the gyre flow - it provides a more uniform flow across the top of the whole tank while the octos are powerful, but more directed. If I had to choose one, based on my experience, I would pick the gyre for what I see is fuller tank coverage. I added it to the two octos when they didn't seem to completely cover. Note that my gyre pump has four separate directions available at once, so two are across the top, and two are down the front and back of the rockwork. I keep the octos down lower, one opposite the gyre for lower level flow, and one on the same side as the gyre to send flow through my rockwork beneath the gyre.

The flow patterns options on the Hydros are great.
Thank you I appreciate the feedback.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back