Recommendation for RODI system

MrJGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a home delivery service for drinking water, our tap waters not the greatest. Trying to elimate that service with our own filteration. Im setting up a 125 and I'd like to be able to drink the water from the RODI filter, I believe you can do this if you bypass the DI correct? Looking to score on cyber Monday deal. Recommendations?

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure. the best in the biz.

Definite second for this one!

SpectraPure is the best there is; they will even set up the RO diversion valve if you ask. I have been using a MaxCap 90 GPD system with manual flush valve and absolutely love it!

Not sure how bad your tap water is, but I bet Arizona water is far harder, and far worse...

PlanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply's units are solid, although SpectraPure fans will claim that theirs are far superior. Both units are quality products. I like the BRS unit, however, as it includes a vast array of fittings/connections. In addition, the BRS website is super user-friendly and has a ton of videos on how to connect the unit, when and how to change membranes/filters. Conversely, the SpectraPure manual looks like you need to have a PhD in engineering to read it.

Last edited:

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS systems are great! Proven over and over again.

Either way they both get the job done!

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure units are also awesome. You can't go wrong either way though, spectapures filters/membranes are 2nd to none and brs utilizes Dow membranes. I just personally went with spectrapure because I got a great deal on one!

711reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy with my brs unit. I would also get a booster pump as well. keeps just the right pressure up and helps with filters lasting longer. I would also reconsider drinking even reverse osmosis water. I have read countless articles on the downsides of drinking r/o water. its still to clean and can strip electrolytes out of your body. I personally designed my own drinking water system, it consists of a sediment filter, 2 carbon blocks, a ceramic filter, followed by a fluoride filter.

alyee5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a thread where @AZDesertRat outlines a Spectrapure setup with a drinking water option. He certainly knows his stuff-you can search other threads on his knowledge of Spectrapure.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ro-di-question.257481/#post-3044109

That being said I have the BRS 5 stage system with the 150 gallon/day option and flush kit and tee'd off a line to fill up water jugs with RO. I am from Az like Azdersertrat, Cromag08 and azbigjohn but I didn't get the memo I was supposed to buy a Spectrapure system. ;)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back