Recommendations for a good quality budget video camera

FrugalReeferJon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Messages
4,723
Reaction score
29,319
Location
San Diego, CA via Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, Happy New Year everybody!!! I’m mainly interested in answers from those with an Instagram or YouTube channel but anybody is welcome to chime in. What is a good quality budget video camera to document a reef tank? I’m always amazed at the crystal clear videos and reels of reef tanks I see on Instagram and YouTube and would like to know what video cameras are being used to make ‘em.
 
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

If I were to make a video, I’d use my cell phone.
 
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

If I were to make a video, I’d use my cell phone.
I have an iPhone 11, made non reef related reels on my Facebook and the quality just isn’t there (more grainy, not as sharp, etc). I feel like for the quality I’m looking for I’m either going to have to upgrade to the latest iPhone or get something like this.

1767406989118.jpeg
 
I have an iPhone 11, made non reef related reels on my Facebook and the quality just isn’t there (more grainy, not as sharp, etc). I feel like for the quality I’m looking for I’m either going to have to upgrade to the latest iPhone or get something like this.

1767406989118.jpeg
I upgrade my phone because I use it for everything. I have the 17 pro max now and really like the camera quality and battery life. Luckily my carrier had free interest on it for two years.
 
I heard it’s all in the editing?
Yes and no, but I'm still learning both sides of photography / videography. I am, however, planning on procuring a Sony ZV-E10.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new