Recommendations for large glass tank builder.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy is going to do an install for a guy out here in SoCal. He wants a large L shaped tank with a curved side. Tank needs to be glass. Anyone know if a company who would take on such a job, and do a good job?

Attachments

• Fish-tank.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 163

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally used Custom aquariums and Miracles in Glass. Not sure about the curved side aspect tho. My LFS recent got a large display from Planet Aquariums and was very impressed! Might want to try them also. AGE and Reef Savvy are a couple more that come to mind with excellent build quality!

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personally used Custom aquariums and Miracles in Glass. Not sure about the curved side aspect tho. My LFS recent got a large display from Planet Aquariums and was very impressed! Might want to try them also. AGE and Reef Savvy are a couple more that come to mind with excellent build quality!
Have contacted AGE, Planet aquariums, and Reef savvy so far. waiting on responses from them.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquavim does curved...

My tank is from Planet Aquariums... love the quality, but I don't know if they do bent glass.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious on what you came up with......

I see these threads pop up quite a bit, but, rarely, do we see comparisons, as far as prices.
I'm one of those guys that understands quality costs money and I love to help out the local guy when I can.....
(actually drove by Coast to Coast this morning to check it out......knowing it was closed.....but, it was literally 10 mins from me.)

Am I being too forward to ask what ranges your quotes came back as? If I see something reasonably priced for a style like that, I just might rethink my kitchen. :)

PM is fine if the public forum is inappropriate.

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious on what you came up with......

I see these threads pop up quite a bit, but, rarely, do we see comparisons, as far as prices.
I'm one of those guys that understands quality costs money and I love to help out the local guy when I can.....
(actually drove by Coast to Coast this morning to check it out......knowing it was closed.....but, it was literally 10 mins from me.)

Am I being too forward to ask what ranges your quotes came back as? If I see something reasonably priced for a style like that, I just might rethink my kitchen. :)

PM is fine if the public forum is inappropriate.
I think we got quotes from 70k-200. It was difficult to even get someone to even be open to the project. The overall best service was through Gaston as tank me Usa.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the reply.
I didnt think a design that awesome would be cheap.

Hearing a lot of good things about TankMeUSA.........

-cap

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back